Well that’s certainly my bad deed for the day.
SOOOOOO how about that content, huh? Yeah, uh, well….
Now, I wasn’t foolish enough to make any New Year’s Resolutions about keeping this thing here active, but I did make a resolution to finish off my Deck Building Challenge of Doom – one deck of every currently legal colour combination. For those of you following along at home, this is what I have so far:
Mono Colour (4/5)
White: Kitsune Mystic (allowed in my playgroup), Enchantments
Black: Lim-Dul the Necromancer, Zombies
Red: Jaya Ballard, Task Mage, Burn and Jaya themed (every card with Jaya Ballard flavour text that can legally go in the deck. Yes, including Mystic Compass and Melting…)
Green: Omnath, Locus of Mana, OMNATH SMASH (General Damage deck)
Enemy Two Colour (4/5)
Black/White aka Orzhov: Ghost Council of Orzhova, Blink/Tokens
Blue/Red aka Izzet: Nin, the Pain Artist, hurting you for drawing cards. And making you draw cards.
Black/Green aka Golgari: Savra, Queen of the Golgari, Sacrifice and board control
Green/Blue aka Simic: Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Rogues and Superspies
Blue/Black/Red ala Grixis: Jeleva, Nephalia’s Scourge, Tribal Vampires
Black/Red/Green aka Jund: Sek’Kuar, Deathkeeper, eating my own dudes for Fun and Profit and Face Smashing
Red/Green/White aka Naya: Mayael the Anima, My Friends Are Bigger Than Your Friends
Wedge (5/5) (C’mon Wizards name these things already)
White/Black/Red: Kaalia of the Vast, Demons and Dragons and Angels OH MY
RUG: Animar, Soul of Elements, Big Creatures on the Cheap
Black/Green/White: Doran, the Siege Tower, I Like Big Butts (vaguely Treefolk tribal)
Red/White/Blue: Zedruu the Greathearted, Take My Stuff
BUG: Damia, Sage of Stone, I Drop My Hand, I Pick It Up Again
I haven’t built 5-colour or colourless yet…
Since I made my resolution, I actually finished some of the half-built decks I had lying around, so these decks are now built but haven’t been tested yet:
And I’ve also started and ordered cards for Black/Red (Rakdos) which is Wort, Boggart Auntie, Goblin Tribal, and have sleeved up the White/Blue/Black (Esper) C13 Precon with Oloro, Ageless Ascetic at the helm, which I’ll be tweaking here and there. The Isperia and Wort decks make up for the otherwise lacking Allied Colour Pairs listing.
So what do I have left?
Not too bad (although I am cheating on the Esper deck a bit since at this point in time it is literally just the pre-con deck).
So, I need some ideas for what I have left. Time for a poll!
The Mono-Blue options
- Ixidor, Reality Sculptor. I’ve tagged this one “Ixidor’s all signing, all dancing, all morph, 3-card Monte of DOOOOOM”. As many mono-U morphs as I can fit in, and as many ways to turn them face down as I can find (so far limited to Ixidron, Master of the Veil, Weaver of Lies and maaaaybe Backslide. If I’ve missed any – aside from ones that can turn themselves face down like Vesuvan Shapeshifter and Mischievous Quanar – please let me know!). This was my first idea for a mono Blue deck; I’m not a fan of decks that just counter everything and I’m a bit of a Timmy/Johnny so constantly flicking morphs up and down amuses me… Turn Weaver of Lies face up, flipping all my other morphs back down, one of which is Master of the Veil to turn Weaver of Lies face down… do it all again… But that doesn’t really get me anywhere.
- I have mentioned this guy before:
I don’t think any more needs to be said 😛
- Born of the Gods gave us this guy
And this spell..
Again, not too much more to be said, I think. Leviathans, Kraken, Octopi, Serpents and Merfolk, AHOY!
The other colour combination I’m considering is Red/White. Again I have three options:
- Gisela, Blade of Goldnight. YAWN. But I have been thinking about this one for a while, so I’ve pretty much got it mapped out in my head. But it will look like everyone else’s Gisela deck, and that’s not a good thing.
- Anax and Cymede. I keep seeing all these “two target creature” spells and thinking “Hey….” This one will be about 50/50 Heroic and Battalion, and I think could be interesting… Right up until all the little solder dudes get outclassed by every other creature on the board (sometime around turn 6)…
- Aurelia, the Warleader. Also known as ATTTTTTACK!!!!!! ATTTTTACCKKKKK!!!!!!
So, gentle reader, I give you the chance to help me decide. Hit me up in the comments, and/or vote in the polls below!!!
Until next time (whenever that is)!