So those of you who are on mtgcommander.net may have seen my post there – a Mono Blue deck revolving around these two cards:
Which in my mind ends up like this:
And that, my friends, is PURE AWESOME 😀
OK so this deck will have some hurdles:
- Kraken are usually pretty sweet (and I can give my awful Davy Jones impersonation every time I “Summon” one – geddit!!!
- Leviathans, on the other hand, usually haveterrible drawbacks for playing them, like “sacrifice all your islands” or “this doesn’t untap unless it’s a Thursday and the milkman forgot your order again”
- There are a grand total of two Octopii in all of Magic (Lorthos, and Giant). Embarrassment of riches, that ain’t (in before: Yes, changelings count)
- Serpents are the workhorses here, and even they tend to cost too much and do too little
- Enchantment search in mono-blue? Not seeing much…
- My curve will start at about 20. And go up.
So I throw the gauntlet down to the four of you that still read this blog – what should I put in here?
Go, my minions!